Besides being a writer, I’m also a gamer at heart. Scores give me an idea of how well I do, and how well I don’t. So in real life, until otherwise proven, running’s one of the easiest games for me to get into. :P
Below are my “high scores” over the past… 17 months?
- 14 July 2012: Men’s Health Shape Run
Distance: 12.42 km
Time: 1hr 55 mins
Avg pace: 9 mins 19 seconds
- 30 Sept 2012: PJ Half Marathon
Distance: 7.45 km
Time: 1 hr 9 mins
Avg Pace: 9 mins 17 seconds
- 13 Oct 2012: Nike We Run KL
Time: 1hr 37 mins
Avg pace: 9 mins 43 seconds
- 18 Nov 2012: Penang Bridge International Marathon
Time: 1hr 32 minutes
Avg Pace: 9 mins 3 seconds
- 29 Sept 2013: Standard Chartered KL Marathon
Time: 1hr 29 mins
Avg Pace: 8 mins*
Oddly enough, my official time is 1hr 30mins.
- 17 Nov 2013: Penang Bridge International Marathon
Time: 1hr 26 mins
Avg Pace: 8 mins 28 seconds
Wow, all things considered, PBIM 2013 seems to have been a PB of sorts, though SCKLM comes close. It LIES btw. That 10km felt like it was 12km, and apparently my GPS agrees.