Kurechii’s Postknight is a cute side-scrolling game that harkens back to the RPG days of Maplestory, Dragonica and the like. It’s also designed to be played in minutes rather than hours, so if you’re looking for a quick game to destress or to play while on the train, this is the game for you.
That said, if you weren’t part of the beta and you’re looking to maximise your Postknight sessions, here are some tips that might be useful:
Each town has 3 equips sets per town. They’re distinguished by different tier levels. Things to note:
– 3 pieces of the 4 equip set will always be drops. Your 4th will always be available only from the merchant (last guy in each town).
– Always try to wear an entire set whenever possible. Resist the urge to switch to a higher-stat one when you get it, as you get a bonus when you equip all items from the same set
– Upgrading your equips to the max will grant you additional perks on top of what you get from the full set equip bonus
When upgrading your healing potion, note that you will have 3 options. One upgrades how much health you recover, the second how fast you can drink the potion, and the third is the defensive boost you receive (thanks Reddit for the last!).
– Before adding herbs to the first option (to increase health recovered), add herbs to reduce your cooldown. Every time you upgrade to increase how much you recover, you add a 1-second delay to your cooldown timer.
– I’d get it down to a 4 second cooldown before upgrading how much health I can recover.
– Upgrading the defensive boost doesn’t affect the cooldown timer.
Delivery Quests or Main Quest?
Depending on your game style, you may prefer to blast through the story before engaging on the Delivery Quests. This is a bad idea.
– Delivery quests refresh every 3- 4 hours. Doing a Delivery Quest earns you tokens which you can use to upgrade your Postknight rating.
– Each rating has 8 levels, so you start off at C8 in the beginning and can work your way up to S1 (I assume).
– Earning the tokens allows you to earn EXP and gold when you’re not in the game or idle – useful for resource management.
– The Delivery quests have some good storyline.
– TL;DR Do your delivery quests before you continue with the main quest for levelling rewards and cute glimpses into your town’s lives.
When fighting, remember:
– Spam your pots as much as you can. This lets you heal quicker.
– Use your shield when approaching enemies. Your shields should stop the attack.
– Time your charges wisely. When fighting a boss, resist the urge to follow the boss too closely. Rather, charge him when he’s firing at you (make sure your shields are up!).
Will add more when I remember. Did I miss out on anything? Let me know in the comments below!