I’ve posted this on my LJ, Blogspot and WP.
Blogathon is coming up! What is blogathon?
On July 29, hundreds of bloggers from around the world will put their endurance to the test for charity, blogging every 30 minutes for 24 hours straight. This is the Sixth Annual International Blogathon, an event that creates a worldwide community for a day, serves up fascinating content, and most importantly, raises tens of thousands of dollars for dozens of charities. Bloggers choose the charity and collect sponsorships. At the end of the event, those sponsors fulfill their pledges directly with the charity.
It’s not too late to sign up if you’d like to blog! You can also help by sponsoring a blogger, just check out the List of Bloggers at the site. Stay up late, make a difference.
Bear in mind though, you DO NOT pay the bloggers, but you donate instead STRAIGHT to the charity involved. Donate because these kids (well, relatively speaking) are making a difference.
So what are you waiting for? GO PLEDGE TODAY!
Bloggers I am sponsoring:
1. Tiara, who’ll be blogging at: http://educatedeviate.wordpress.com
– Topic: Alternative Education
– Charity: Up With People, a student exchange programme that takes you around the world
– Pledge: http://www.blogathon.org/sponsor.php?blog_id=70
2. Serge: http://dustyhawk.com
– Topic: No theme this year
– Charity: Unicef. I don’t think I need to explain this, do I?
– Pledge: http://www.blogathon.org/sponsor.php?blog_id=10
3. Edrei: http://kamigoroshi.net
– Topic: None as far as I know
– Pledge: http://www.blogathon.org/sponsor.php?blog_id=86
4. Onii-chan Phil: http://theeternalwanderer.wordpress.com
– Topic: None yet
– Charity: Save The Children.
– Pledge: http://www.blogathon.org/sponsor.php?blog_id=130
So what are you guys waiting for? PLEDGE TODAY! It starts this Saturday, Malaysian time!