Made some mash potatoes two days ago for dinner, forgot the gravy, so I had just mash and some potato skins.
3 russet potatoes
Cup of milk
Salt/Pepper to taste
Serves: 2 for dinner (if nothing but mash, otherwise serves 4)
a. Most important preparation step: clean potato before skinning.
1. Skin potatoes. If you want to fry them, put the strips you want aside and throw the rest.
2. Quarter/Eights the potatoes after skinning. Put into pot with enough cold water to cover the potatoes.
3. Sprinkle some salt, then set the pot to boil for about 10-15 minutes, or till soft that you can pierce with fork.
4. While waiting for taters to boil, either take a quick shower or get out a frying pan and melt some butter.
5. Toss in tater skins on slow to medium fire. Stir till crispy.
6. Once ready, add some sauce/condiments. Skins can taste a lil burnt/crispy. Else set aside to be eaten with taters.
7. Check on boiling taters. If soft, take out and drain. DO NOT WASH/RINSE.
8. In a large bowl, put taters and add some butter and milk to taste. If you wish, add some chives now too.
9. MASH taters with fork/spoon/two hands (though the last might burn the skin off your hands). If needed, add more milk for fluffier and smoother consistency.
10. Eat with skins.
It’s actually easy, but it looks long. :3