The Psychology of Tentacles

SATIRE/HUMOUR/SILLY THING AHEAD. You have been warned.

This all started as a joke. You see, a few days ago I misread a tweet from a friend. She was writing about the “tentacles of psychology.” I misread it as “psychology of tentacles.” In my defence, I had just woken up when I saw that tweet. So, in true style, said Twitter Friend, fondly called Tentabunny, decided to take the concept and run away with it.

This is where we stand:

Inquiry Founder: Naoko (aka me)
Pioneering Psychologist (aka lead researcher): Neon
Test subject: Tentabunny!

Class: Ikan Billys, Sairen, Caxi

Potential student: Caxi

Suggested readings:

Basic Tentacology
Portrayal in olden Japan
Modern Revival
Tentacle as Replacement Penis?

Get to class, people!

16 Responses

1. "Tentabunny" September 20, 2010 / 12:34 AM

This is gonna be hilarious. xD

Oh man, one of the possible angles to research: a -female- tentacle monster — penis envy?

• Naoko Kensaku September 20, 2010 / 12:38 AM

Doesn’t that then beg the question: do tentacle monsters actually have sex like normal humans, or are they possibly asexual or androgynous?

• "Tentabunny" September 20, 2010 / 12:39 AM

Do they derive any intrinsic pleasure from raping humans, or is it merely instrumental?

2. caxidroidnigon September 20, 2010 / 2:24 AM

tentacles are for foreplay before the penis does the rest for the climax, don’t underestimate the power of penis, it’s the source for pleasure & life !

• Naoko Kensaku September 20, 2010 / 2:27 AM

I don’t think that’s quite up to mark, my friend. Go do your homework! :3

• caxidroidnigon September 20, 2010 / 11:25 AM

me go emo… tentacles, tentacles oh why are you being misjudged :D

• Naoko Kensaku September 20, 2010 / 11:53 AM

LOL there’s more to it than simply the penis. :P So go do more research. XD

• Jha September 20, 2010 / 5:57 AM

Hold on, hold on….

*BUSTS A GUT LAUGHING*

• Naoko Kensaku September 20, 2010 / 11:52 AM

Here, have a gut back. :P

BTW, mind if I put you down for a quick course on Tentacles: Across Cultures as a guest lecturer? :P

3. "Tentabunny" September 20, 2010 / 2:55 AM

I never did say that they enjoy the rape out of sadism, it could be for some form of nourishment or ritual; I do not claim to know.

• Jha September 20, 2010 / 5:57 AM

Since rape is done out of sadism, that’s not quite the right word for the act then!

• caxidroidnigon September 20, 2010 / 11:23 AM

I wish Paul the Octopus could participate here, he might more insight with his tentacles, but poor thing only managed to guess winners but never gave chance for him to elope..

4. Neon September 20, 2010 / 12:56 PM

The poor tentacle monsters are so MISJUDGED. It needs to be cleared up. =/

• Naoko Kensaku September 20, 2010 / 12:57 PM

Suggested readings and syllabus then, professor? :3

5. Lord Zhilbar September 21, 2010 / 2:08 AM

Let’s be fair, it’s not always the tentacle monster’s idea.

In many ways, I daresay they could be considered a persecuted minority. Imagine one just walking down the street, maybe stopping into a cafe for some coffee and a croissant, maybe going over and checking out the new releases in a bookstore window…

And having to deal with all the screaming people running away from him/her/it on sight, as well as all the people running TOWARDS.

Comments are closed.