This is going to be a 2 in one meme. Which would explain why the URL ends with a double = 6060. XD The first one is from Neon.
1) How many of these (and what) do you enjoy? (Books, Anime, Manga/Comics, Games, others (elaboration is optional))
Books, anime, manga/comics, games, interactive novels and drama CDs (I only listen to Drama CDs if I know the story well, aka like Men’s Only Version: Little Women. This is because I need context;
2) What are your pings?
Genres – Usually fantasy, though for drama CDs it depends on how well Neon sells them to me. However, games that try to tell a story in an unusual way pings me, though games that are absolutely wrong like Monkey Island and classics like Baldur’s Gate also count. For anime, manga and books, it’s almost always how the authors tell the story and what their sources are. For fantasy novels, I go to books that have obvious sources like the Harry Potter series or explore things few other authors do like cartomancy and assassination… from the assassin’s point of view. XD
Tone – Funny books and the sense that the author doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Seiyuu – I is not seiyuu fan. :3 Akira Ishida being the *only* exception for now. XD
OTHER PINGS – strong female characters. Women who are strong not physically, but in self-confidence. And preferably on the good side, rather than always being on the bad side. Women who can inspire, who lead because it’s a choice they make themselves, not because the lead guy died/disappeared/is a complete wimp. Cute megane types who are on the side of both the bad and good side. Guys who are very straight forward and honest (Seriously, why is SHIZUO pinging me in DRRR instead of Izaya?). Also, destroying fairy tales/common misconceptions (Kaori Yuki I love you).
3) Give me a sense of what you like? A few of your favourites please.
Currently: Mmm… DRRR! (Neon I need to leech Baccano from you), Pandora Hearts (manga), the Gates saga by Kate Elliot, and I just finished Test of the Twins (Raistlin <3333333). Writing meme! Stuff covered here: 16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how “far” are you willing to go in your writing? ;)17. Favorite protagonist and why!18. Favorite antagonist and why!19. Favorite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why! Answers under the cut!
Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how “far” are you willing to go in your writing? ;)
Yes. I’ve written lustful and romantic relationships, though the latter is almost always already established so I don’t have to go through the courting process. Lustful relationships, by contrast, are quite fun to write from the moment characters meet. Last year’s Nano was full of it. Sakae and Inari in bed alalala~
Favourite protagonist and why!
Kishan right now. It used to be either Sukina or Naoko, but Kishan, right now, in this novel, is my favourite to write. He’s no-nonsense, straightforward, and it’s nice to see himself as human. When I write Kishan, I’m finally getting a feel of his emotions, who he is and what he actually feels. He’s grown to encompass the traits I used to describe him years ago, and have actually embodied them to the point that it naturally grows and actually influences his actions.
It’s like realising that not just that you can be “loyal” but understanding really what that loyalty means and seeing it being applied to every facet of your life.
Favourite antagonist and why!
Deb. Deb Deb Deb! She’s cute. She’s bubbly. She’s a lolita. She’s also a kick-ass swordswoman who uses an umbrella (yes I know the idea’s from Soul Calibur but the execution had already been decided before I even realised there was such a charrie in SC). She’s extremely loyal to the man who created her and is quite patient. She’s taken at least a few millenia to plan and execute her current plans and she’s bitchy. With a dash of insanity.
Favourite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
Mishkal. Before she finally made an appearance, Mishkal was slated to be this young woman in her early teens who got killed for no good reason. Her death was supposed to be a needless death and it made my old characters chase after the villain and gave them an excuse to be cruel and unkind.
When she DID make an appearance in my story after all these years, she turned into this 5 year old girl who was the sole surviving member of her clan, the darling of 5 brothers. Right now she’s extremely one-dimensional, but she’s simple. I may work on her later. :3
1. Tell us about your favourite writing project/universe that you’ve worked with and why.
2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you’re writing about fictional places)?
4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!
5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about “youngest” and “oldest” in terms of when you created them?
6. Where are you most comfortable writing? At what time of day? Computer or good ol’ pen and paper?
7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
8. What’s your favorite genre to write? To read?
9. How do you get ideas for your characters? Describe the process of creating them.
10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!
11. Who is your favorite character to write? Least favorite?
12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of worldbuilding? Any side-notes on it you’d like to share?
13. What’s your favorite culture to write, fictional or not?
14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?
15. Midway question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!
16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how “far” are you willing to go in your writing? ;)
17. Favorite protagonist and why!
18. Favorite antagonist and why!
19. Favorite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
20. What are your favorite character interactions to write?
21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?
22. Tell us about one scene between your characters that you’ve never written or told anyone about before! Serious or not.
23. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story—from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?
24. How willing are you to kill your characters if the plot so demands it? What’s the most interesting way you’ve killed someone?
25. Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.
26. Let’s talk art! Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Pick one of your OCs and post your favorite picture of him!
27. Along similar lines, do appearances play a big role in your stories? Tell us about them, or if not, how you go about designing your characters.
28. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there’s nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.
29. How often do you think about writing? Ever come across something IRL that reminds you of your story/characters?
30. Final question! Tag someone! And tell us what you like about that person as a writer and/or about one of his/her characters!