I originally wanted to write something uplifting or even talk about my resolutions today, but after the events of the past 48 hours, I’m beginning to believe Rin’s statement that the New Year doesn’t really reset anything for Asians until the Lunar New Year aka CNY.
So, what happened since the calendars were switched to 2017?
- I had a great countdown with the Creed in HCM, even if fireworks didn’t happen
- I had a good porky Burger King at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport before my flight
- Finally managed to try out the famous Taman Desa Japanese BBQ – portions were bigger than expected and I was stuffed by the end of the meal
- Dim sum breakfast with mom!
- Got into a minor accident on the way home from lunch – I took my foot off the brake and hit the car at my side. It just had to be a Hilux. Guy seems determined to get money from me, so we shall see when I will get the bill.
- Flight home was delayed by 100 minutes aka almost 2 hours. I ended up writing on the way back, so it’s a positive actually
- Finally began using my Secret Santa gift.
- Raised spicy food tolerance from -2 to 1 at least (meaning I can stomach a slightly spicy Banh Mi and Ban Mam
- Somewhere in District 1 about 5 minutes away from Saigon Square 1 in front of a shop called Kim Tan, there’s an epic Bun Mam place that opens only in the evening… I think. Go there!
The rest of 2017? Still working on it. :D