Today, in today’s reading of Malaysia’s 2012 budget, Prime Minister Najib announced that free HPV vaccination for women.
So while I was in Hangout today, I discovered a few interesting facts about the vaccines. Sorry Sring, Wiki seems to have more reliable sources:
- HPV is a sexually transmittable disease.
- HPV vaccines will work as long as you have not been exposed to any of the 4 major HPV variants.
- The optimum age for vaccinations are for girls in the stages of early puberty. However, recent research indicates that the HPV vaccines may be effective for ages up to 45 years old.
- HPV vaccines may also be taken by males to prevent the virus. As mentioned previously, blowjobs and other sexual activities may help the spread of HPV in the body.
- A PAP smear is still advised even after you take the vaccination. It helps to reduce the chances of you getting cervical cancer, but does not 100% prevent it.
I hope this has been useful!
This entry has been written in support of Makna for PinkOcto. Please donate!